Niraj is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A practice in London. Since joining the Firm as a trainee in 2017, Niraj has acted on a number of complex, high value transactions and has experience in cross-border transactions, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, private equity and infrastructure transactions. In 2019, Niraj spent six months on secondment to the Firm's Tokyo office.
Representative Legal Matters
Recent transactions in which Niraj has been involved in includes advising:
- GSK on the divestment of a pharmaceutical manufacturing site in Mississauga, Canada to Bora Pharmaceuticals.
- ScanSource on the auction process sale of its non-digital European business to Ten Oaks Group.
- An international company in the consumer goods & retail space on its potential IPO on the LSE.
- SS&C Technologies on the international carve-out aspects of its acquisition of IBM's Algorithmics business.
- Advising a NASDAQ 100 semiconductor manufacturer on its acquisition of certain assets from the administrators of a diagnostics company.
- Northland Power on its joint venture with Shizen Energy for the development of offshore wind projects in Chiba Prefecture, Japan with a combined capacity of approx. 600 MW.
- Fiera Infrastructure on the acquisition of IslaLink, the Spanish submarine communications provider, from EQT
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales (2019)
- BPP Law School (LPC) (2017)
- BPP Law School (GDL) (2016)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (BSc Government) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.