Robby is a member of the Firm's North America Intellectual Property Practice Group in Dallas. Her practice focuses on patent prosecution, life sciences transactions, and health regulatory matters. Robby also serves as the Texas Office Chair of the Baker Asian Lawyers Network (BALN) and assists with the Firm's pro bono initiatives by providing logistical and technical support for the International Children's Rights Moot Court Competition.
Prior to joining the Firm, Robby interned in the Trade Negotiations and Commercial Diplomacy Branch of UNCTAD DITC. Prior to entering law school, Robby earned her doctorate in Microbiology and Immunology from Wake Forest University focusing on the relationship between adenovirus and cancer. She then spent two years as a postdoctoral research associate studying fragile sites at the University of Virginia where she was awarded an NIH-funded Cancer Center Trainee Support grant.
Representative Legal Matters
Prepared patent applications for a biotechnology company.
Drafted responses to office actions for clients in the oil and gas and food industries.
Licensing and Collaboration Agreements
Represented a large pharmaceutical company in its collaboration and license agreement with a mid-level biotechnology company for use of the biotechnology platform in gene therapy programs.
Represented a large pharmaceutical company in its collaboration with a biotechnology company to discover small molecules targeting RNA regulation and splicing of disease-causing genes.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Advised a large pharmaceutical client in its acquisition of a mid-size drug discovery company for USD 2 billion in total payments.
Advised a large marine industry client in its acquisition of a marine electronics and sensors company for USD 1.05 billion.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- 2019 Baker McKenzie Diversity Fellowship
- Baker Asian Lawyers Network (Texas Office Chair)
- Texas D&I Committee Member
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office~United States (2021)
- Texas~United States (2020)
- North Carolina~United States (2020)
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D. Managing Articles Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law; Geneva International Fellow) (2020)
- Wake Forest University (Ph.D. Microbiology and Immunology) (2013)
- Converse College (B.S. Biology, B.A. German, cum laude) (2006)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Dallas D&I Committee Member