Jacob is an associate in the corporate team based in London. He trained at the Firm and has completed secondments with bp and Kantar.
Jacob is also the London Private Equity and Investment Funds team's pro bono coordinator and holds an LLM in International Human Rights Law & Practice.
Jacob's practice focuses on all general corporate matters, with particular experience in private equity and funds law within the Healthcare and TMT sectors. This has included global reorganisations, fund formations, carve-outs and acquisitions and divestments by private equity, listed, and private clients. A large proportion of his work is also in relation to cross-border or multinational transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Accenture on its acquisition of a London-based carbon emissions consultancy.
- Advised Kantar on the carve-out sales of its global Public consulting, Reputational Intelligence and Healthcare analytics businesses.
- Advised FSN Capital IV funds on the sale of the EET Group, a multinational electronic goods reseller.
- Advised Devolver Digital on its acquisition of a multinational games developer.
- Advised on the structure and establishment of a multi-million pound emerging markets fund in Central Asia.
- Advised Fiera Infrastructure on their acquisition of Wightlink, the Isle of Wight's leading ferry operator. Advised GSK on the creation of their consumer healthcare joint venture (Haleon) with Pfizer.
- Advised MUFG on their acquisition of the entire global asset management arm of Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Highly Commended for the LawWorks Junior Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year 2019
- York Award Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- England & Wales (2020)
- BPP Law School (Master of Laws in Commercial Legal Practice) (2018)
- University of York (Master of Laws in International Human Rights Law & Practice) (2017)
- University of York (Bachelor of Laws) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.