Jacob is an Associate in the Corporate team based in London. He trained at the firm and is a member of its Healthcare Industry Group and Pro Bono and Charity Committees. He has also completed a secondment with bp.
Jacob's practice focuses on all general corporate matters, with a particular specialism in private equity, M&A and funds law. This includes advising clients on global reorganisations, joint ventures, fund formations, investor due diligence, acquisitions and disposals. A large proportion of his work is also in relation to cross-border or multinational transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the structure and establishment of a multi-million pound emerging markets fund in Central Asia
- Advised Fiera Infrastructure on their acquisition of Wightlink, the Isle of Wight's leading ferry operator
- Acted for Platinum Equity on their acquisition of LifeScan, Johnson & Johnson's insulin and diabetes business
- Advised GSK on their consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer
- Advised on the sale of MagicLab, operator of market-leading dating and social networking apps, to Blackstone
- Advised MUFG on the acquisition of the entire global asset management arm of Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Highly Commended for the LawWorks Junior Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year 2019
- York Award Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- England & Wales (2020)
- BPP Law School (Master of Laws in Commercial Legal Practice) (2018)
- University of York (Master of Laws in International Human Rights Law & Practice) (2017)
- University of York (Bachelor of Laws) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.