Willem Jan Treuren is a candidate civil-law notary in the Corporate department of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. He works closely with Firm legal and tax professionals in Amsterdam and other offices to ensure integrated transaction support.
Willem Jan focuses his practice on corporate (notarial) law and advises on domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions as well as setting up joint ventures, partnerships and corporations. He also advises on general corporate and governance matters from the perspective of Dutch corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Lesjöfors on the acquisition of the Alcomex Group
- Advised Wega Invest B.V. with its (indirect) sale of Royal Herkel B.V. to Royal Sanders B.V.
- Advised Azzurro Associates Limited with the sale of its subsidiaries Pleitmeester B.V. and Data Interface B.V.
- Advised Wagram Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Creamy Creation Business from FrieslandCampina.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-Law Notaries (KNB) - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2017)
- Utrecht University (LL.M. Notarial Law) (2016)
- Utrecht University (Bachelor of Law) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.