Dr. Bernhard Trappehl chairs the EMEA Employment Practice Group and manages relationships with several of the Firm’s largest clients. He served as managing partner of the Firm’s German/Austrian offices between 2007 and 2012. He frequently speaks at seminars and provides in-house trainings on a wide range of employment matters, and regularly contributes to publications, books, newspapers and law journals.
Dr. Trappehl provides strategic corporate and comprehensive employment law advice to domestic and multinational clients. His focus is on pre- and post-merger corporate restructurings, collective dismissals as well as negotiations with works councils — national and European — and unions. He also counsels on outsourcing projects, service and work contracts for and separation from senior management employees. Dr. Trappehl also advises on pension and benefit schemes, email monitoring, data privacy and compliance investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
Advising large multinational and domestic clients i.e. Fortune 500 and DAX 30 companies particularly in the automotive, IT and pharmaceuticals & healthcare industry.
- Lawyer of the Year for Employee Benefits Law, Fifth Annual Global Business Edition, The Best Lawyers 2021
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for labor law and corporate pension scheme, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Employment Law Specialists Forum
- Munich Bar Association
- German Lawyer's Association (DAV)
- Madrid~Spain (2002)
- Germany (1996)
- University of Berlin (Dr. jur.) (1996)
- University of Munich (Assessor Exam) (1992)
- University of Munich (Referendar Exam) (1989)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law)
- University of Lausanne
- University of Hamburg