Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
Ken Tomura is a member of the Firm’s Tax & Transfer Pricing group in Tokyo. He co-authored Legal and Taxation Matters concerning Trading of Contaminated Land in 2009 and A Strategic Manual for Creditors in Bankruptcy Proceedings in 2010. Mr. Tomura worked for a major accounting firm before he joined Baker McKenzie.
Mr. Tomura regularly assists clients with tax structuring and due diligence in connection with M&A projects. He provides various tax services for companies that are eligible for corporate or civil rehabilitation. Mr. Tomura also offers advice on tax structuring and other tax issues related to the reorganization of Japanese subsidiaries of multinational companies. His experience includes performing share valuations for unlisted large and mid-sized companies, and advising on accounting processing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided tax advice in relation to mergers and acquisitions.
- Conducted a tax due diligence.
- Conducted a share evaluation for an unlisted company.
- Provided tax advice in relation to a group restructuring.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Certified Public Tax Accountants Association
- Licensed Tax Attorney (Zeirishi)~Japan (2005)
- Dokkyo University (B.A. Economics) (2002)
Co-author, A Strategic Manual for Creditors in Bankruptcy Proceedings, Nikkei Publishing Inc., January 2010
Co-author, Legal and Taxation Matters concerning Trading of Contaminated Land, Chuokeizai-sha, June 2009
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.