Masabumi Tamagawa is a member of the Firm's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Tokyo. His work covers a wide range of banking and finance law-related matters and is particularly focused on structured finance, including project finance and acquisition finance. He is currently seconded to Baker McKenzie's Chicago office. Masabumi is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented financial institutions and business operators in various renewable energy projects, including solar, wind, hydroelectric and biomass power projects.
- Represented business operators in wind power projects in the US, including by performing due diligence.
- Represented business operators, financial institutions and public sector entitites in various PFI/PPP transactions, including various concession projects (eg, airport concession projects) and school, public hall and hospital-related PFI projects.
- Represented financial institutions in the acquisition of solar and hydroelectric power generation businesses.
- Represented financial institutions in acquisition finance transactions, including MBOs and LBOs.
- Advised clients on real estate securitization and liquidation matters.
- Advised clients in securities trading-related class action lawsuits seeking damages and in disputes concerning financial products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2007)
- University of Southern California (LLM) (2017)
- Keio University (LLB) (2002)