Baker & McKenzie LLP
Collin Stich is an associate in the Transactional Practice Group of Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office. Prior to joining the Firm, Collin served as internet and symposium editor of the University of Illinois Law Review and co-editor-in-chief of the Illinois Law Update. He also served as a law clerk in the United States Attorneys’ Offices for the Northern District of Illinois and in the Office of Legislative Affairs at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., where he assisted the office with preparation of department witnesses for congressional hearings.
Collin advises clients on complex cross-border transactions and international business matters, including global and domestic mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, corporate reorganizations and other strategic transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing multiple public companies on multijurisdictional post-acquisition integrations.
- Advised Ingram Micro, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity, on the US and international aspects of the USD 3 billion divestment of its Commerce & Lifecycle Services business division to Ceva Logistics (CMA CGM).
- Advised Accel-KKR as international counsel on its growth investment and recapitalization of ToolsGroup, a global leader in supply chain planning and optimization software, and ToolsGroup’s acquisition of Mi9 Retail’s Demand Management business.
- Advised LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE in its acquisition of Belmond Ltd., owners, part-owners or managers of 45 luxury hotel, restaurant, train and river cruise properties, a USD 3.2 billion enterprise value transaction.
- Advised H. Lundbeck A/S in the acquisition of Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc, a company committed to migraine treatment and prevention, a transaction valued at USD 1.95 billion.
- Advised CRISIL Limited (an S&P Global Company) in its acquisition of Greenwich Associates LLC, a leading provider of proprietary benchmarking data, analytics, and qualitative insights to financial services firms worldwide.
- Illinois~United States (2018)
- University of Illinois College of Law (JD, Magna Cum Laude) (2018)
- Central Michigan University (BS Sociology) (2015)
- Co-author, Why (Jury-Less) Juvenile Courts Are Unconstitutional, 69 Emory L. J. 273, 2019
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.