Athziri is a junior associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of Baker McKenzie’s office in Guadalajara, México. She joined the firm in 2015.
She participated in Baker McKenzie’s global program “International Clerkship” from August to October 2018, at Baker McKenzie’s office in New York City.
She focuses her practice on civil, commercial and administrative proceedings, as well as constitutional proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended a global fertilizing company against fraudulent scheme and unjustified claim of debt.
- Complex litigation involving the real estate, business, and corporate sectors, as well as in the tourism industry.
- Assisted legal team that represented a global gas company in an international arbitration.
- Advised and procured the enforcement of foreign judgments in Mexico.
- National CENEVAL Excellence Award, granted by the National Center of Higher Education Evaluation (2017)
- Coordination and participation with Terres des Hommes: "Reconsider the Detention of Children: Regional Advocacy for Latin America"
- Research and participation in Google: Legal Atlas For Street Children (Venezuela, Ecuador and Mexico)
- Mexico (2017)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey ITESM (Law Degree, (Summa Cum Laude)) (2017)