Dr. Oliver Socher heads the Banking and Finance Practice in Germany. His practice covers banking and finance and distressed debt matters. Prior to joining the Firm in January 2006, he worked as an associate for a "Magic Circle" law firm in Frankfurt and London. He also worked as an associate for a Wall Street law firm in New York. Dr. Socher studied law at the Justus-Liebig-University in Giessen, where he also earned his doctor’s degree in law, and at Fordham School of Law in New York. He was admitted to the German bar in 2001.
Dr. Socher advises banks and investors in all aspects of banking and financing transactions, including national and international syndicated financing transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised various corporate borrowers in relation to their financing needs by means of revolving and term loans, cash pooling and factoring arrangements.
- Advised DZ Bank as lender in relation to various financings.
- Advised Commerzbank AG on the EUR80 million financing for the acquisition of a US target group, active in the field of the production of pharmaceuticals.
- Advised LBBW on the acquisition financing regarding a US target, producing pharmaceuticals.
- Advised major banks in connection with various ECA related financings.
- Advised various automotive suppliers in relation to restructuring of existing debt.
- Advised syndicate of banks in relation to debt restructuring of ATS Stahlschmidt & Maiworm.
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (2001)
- Fordham University (LL.M.) (2002)
- Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen (Referendar Exam) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.