Michal Simčina is a senior associate in the Prague office's Mergers & Acquisitions practice group.
Michal provides complex legal services in connection with mergers and acquisitions (including privatization transactions), private equity transactions, and joint ventures, in particular disposals, acquisitions, spin-offs and corporate group restructuring realized both by Czech and international investors. He has advised sellers and buyers on share and asset sale transactions in both domestic and multijurisdictional cross-border deals.
Michal has performed a number of due diligence investigations and assisted with structuring, preparation and negotiation of transactional documentation, provided related regulatory advice and assisted with post acquisition integration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised SPIE on the acquisition of Stangl Technik from Polish-based private equity firm Avallon MBO Fund and Czech-based private equity firm Genesis Capital.
- Advised PKN ORLEN Group in connection with the acquisition by PKN ORLEN Group entities of a network of 185 fuel stations in Hungary and Slovakia from MOL Plc.
- Advised SODEXO, Société anonyme in connection with the restructuring and subsequent sale of its subsidiary Sodexo integrovaný facility management a zařízení školního stravování s.r.o.
- Advised Astute, Inc., a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity on the acquisition of Socialbakers a.s.
- Advised Adient Ltd. on the sale of its automotive fabrics manufacturing business to Sage Automotive Interiors.
- Advised Velvet CARE, a portfolio company of Abris Capital Partners on the acquisition of 100% shares in MORACELL s.r.o.
- Advised Unilabs and its owner Apax Partners in respect of the acquisition of AeskuLab and Alpha Medical.
- Advised Sika AG and its Czech subsidiary on acquisition of KVK group, a significant Czech construction group.
- Advised Platinum Equity on acquisition of LifeScan business from Johnson & Johnson.
- Advised THQ Nordic on its acquisition of Warhorse Studios.
- Advised Spectrum Brands on divestiture of its battery and appliance business.
- Advised Kofola on complex restructuring of its holding structure, initial public offering and Czech-Polish-Slovene cross-border merger.
- Czech Republic (2016)
- Charles University, Prague (Mgr.) (2013)