Representative Legal Matters
Represented a major global pharmaceutical company in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration (seated in Paris) arising from a development and commercialisation agreement.
Represented a Japanese commercial vehicle sales company in a Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA) arbitration (seated in Tokyo) with a Southeast Asian party arising out of multiple sales agreements.
Represented a Japanese employer consortium in a potential arbitration with an EPC contractor regarding the construction of a power generation facility in Southeast Asia.
Represented a major Japanese shipping company in an arbitration under the American Arbitration Association (International Centre for Dispute Resolution) (ICDR-AAA) rules (seated in Tokyo) arising out of a number of shipbuilding contracts.
Represented a Japanese automotive parts manufacturer in a potential JCAA arbitration in connection with allegedly defective products.
Appointed by World Rugby to a panel of lawyers tasked with handling disciplinary issues through a dispute resolution system for the 20 teams participating in the 2019 Rugby World Cup.
Represented numerous offshore institutional investors in cross-border litigation against a major Japanese manufacturing company concerning a dispute arising from allegedly false statements made to shareholders.
Represented a major global distribution company in cross-border litigation against a Japanese individual in relation to an alleged breach of intellectual property rights.
Represented an American claimant in cross-border litigation against a global Japanese airline concerning a claim for alleged unjustifiable termination.
Represented global insurance companies in relation to litigation involving complex and interconnected national and global fraud rings.
Assisted major global pharmaceutical companies regarding compliance-related investigations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Foreign Registered Lawyer (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi)~Japan (2015)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (Solicitor Advocate) (2011)
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2009)
- Kaplan Altior (Higher Rights of Audience - Civil and Criminal) (2011)
- University of Lancaster (LLB (Hons)) (2005)
- Co-author, "Japan: Consequences of an Arbitrator's Failure to Disclose Relevant Facts," Lexology, May 2019, Language: English
- Co-author, "The Baker McKenzie International Arbitration Yearbook 2018-2019," Juris Publishing, Inc., March 2019, Language: English
- Co-author and co-editor, "Doing Business in Japan 2018," Baker McKenzie, July 2018, Language: English
- Co-author, "International Commercial Arbitration Practice: 21st Century Perspectives: International Commercial Arbitration Practice in Japan," Lexis-Nexis, 2018, Language: English
- Co-author, "Expedited Procedures under the JCAA Rules: Time for More Change?," International Arbitration Law Review, April 2018, Language: English