George Sayen has been involved in handling Saudi legal matters since 1987 and has resided full time in Riyadh since 1988. He is actively involved in advising Saudi and foreign clients on a wide range of Saudi Arabian corporate and commercial law issues.
Mr. Sayen was educated at Dartmouth College (AB, 1980) and the Law School of the University of Pennsylvania (JD, 1986). While studying for his JD degree at the University of Pennsylvania he completed a joint program in Middle East Studies and Islamic Law, as well as intensive Arabic language courses at Middlebury College (summer 1983) and the American University in Cairo (1984 - 1985).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Olayan Group in relation to a joint venture with Cummins for the distribution and provision of after sales services relation to Cummins' products in Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait.
- Advising Guerlain (part of LVMH Group) on their joint venture with Sara Group and Beauty Vision in Saudi Arabia and France.
- Advising a multinational healthcare company in relation to the formation of a joint venture company and the transfer of a distribution business to Al Naghi Company.
- Advising the Ar-Riyadh New Mobility Consortium led by Salini Impregilo on various corporate and commercial and regulatory matters including government contracts and real estate matters in relation to its performance of Package 2 of the USD30 billion Riyadh Metro Project.
- Advising American Express Middle East in relation to the conversion of its local affiliate, a joint venture between American Express Middle East and Saudi Investment Bank, to a joint stock company in accordance with the Finance Companies Control Law.
- Advising the shareholders of United Arab Can Manufacturing Company in connection with the sale of 51% of the company to Rexam PLC.
- Acting for Sulzer AG in relation to the acquisition of 75% Saudi Pumps Factory, a leading pump manufacture in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising the Olayan Group in respect of its acquisition of 51% of Gulf Union Food Company.
- Advising a multinational specialty chemical manufacturer in relation to a joint venture with Tasnee & Sahara Olefins Company to produce super absorbent polymers.
- Advising Swiss elevator and escalator manufacturer, Schindler Management, on the acquisition of 100% of Saudi Elevator Company (second biggest player in Saudi Arabia).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York~United States (1987)
- University of Pennsylvania (J.D.) (1986)
- Dartmouth College (A.B.) (1980)