Dr. Maximilian Sattler is a senior associate and practices in the areas of domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration. He joined Baker McKenzie’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group in 2013. While he advises clients on the entire range of commercial law, he focuses on construction disputes (from both the customer and contractor perspective) and on post-M&A disputes.
Dr. Sattler’s commercial litigation practice covers disputes arising from investment consulting and from financial advice. In arbitration matters, he mainly focuses on large construction projects such as industrial power plants, and on post-M&A disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a major global technology company in an ICC arbitration concerning a large infrastructure project.
- Representing a major energy provider in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a power plant.
- Representing a multinational technology company in a German state court litigation concerning real estate usage rights after an asset deal.
- Representing a multinational logistics provider in a DIS arbitration concerning indemnification after a share deal.
- Representing a major East Asian technology company in an HKIAC arbitration about the sale of electronic equipment to a European customer.
- Representing a European infrastructure company in a German state court litigation concerning the construction of solar parks.
- Advising a major multinational technology company in a US litigation involving European customs law.
- Germany (2013)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Second State Exam) (2013)
- Goethe University of Frankfurt (Dr. iur.) (2013)
- Goethe University of Frankfurt (First State Exam) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.