Daniel Sánchez Elizondo has extensive experience in foreign trade and customs matters. He is a member of the Mexican Bar Association, Asociación de Industrias Maquiladoras y Manufactureras de Occidente (Index de Occidente), Consejo Nacional de la Industria Maquiladora y Manufacturera (Index Nacional), the American Chamber of Commerce. He is Director of the International Trade Commission of the American Chamber of Commerce (Guadalajara Chapter) and he is also Director of the Foreign Trade and Customs Committee of Index de Occidente, and regularly participates as panelist and speaker at seminars on foreign trade, customs and foreign investment. Mr. Sánchez Elizondo joined Baker McKenzie in 2001, and is currently a partner in the Firm’s Guadalajara office.
Mr. Sánchez Elizondo’s practice is focused on customs compliance, tariff classification, customs valuation, rules of origin, labeling and government-related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several clients in customs litigation.
- Advised on audits conducted by tax and customs authorities.
- Acted as consultant on customs auto compliance matters.
- Advised on self disclosures procedure on NAFTA certificates of origin.
- Advised clients on matters relating to evaluations of customs agenda.
- Assisted in the restructuring of foreign trade operations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asociación de la Industria Manufacturera y Maquiladora de Occidente (Index de Occidente) - Director of the Foreign Trade and Customs Committee
- Consejo Nacional de la Industria Maquiladora y Manufacturera (Index Nacional) - National Adviser
- American Chamber of Commerce - Director of the International Trade Commission
- Mexican Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (2001)
- Universidad Panamericana (Master's Degree Business Law) (2009)
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Post Graduate Course International Business) (2002)
- University of Guadalajara (Law Degree) (2001)
- Mexico City
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.