Charlotte Rüegg is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. Her practice focuses on finance transactions, banking and capital markets law. She is a member of the Banking & Finance and Capital Markets practice groups. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Charlotte worked for more than 4 years with a major Swiss law firm where she gained in-depth experience in finance transactions.
Charlotte advises clients in connection with debt finance transactions, including syndicated financings, acquisition finance, project finance, bond offerings and other securities transactions. She also regularly provides corporate legal support to clients. Charlotte took the bar exam in St. Gallen and is admitted to practice in Switzerland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Switzerland (2015)
- King's College London (LL.M. in International Financial Law) (2019)
- University of St. Gallen (Master of Arts HSG in Law) (2014)
- University of St. Gallen (Bachelor of Arts HSG in Law) (2012)
- Author, "Sustainability Considerations in Debt Finance Transactions," CapLaw 02/2020
- Co-author, "Sustainable Finance and ESG Disclosure in Switzerland," The Lawyer, The Climate Emergency Issue, April 2020
- Author, "Nachhaltige Finanzierungen," Bilanz NR 01, December 2019
- Author, "Rechtsmittel gegen Entscheide des Handelsgerichts (Fast-Track-System)," A. Brunner / P. Nobel (eds.), Handelsgericht Zürich 1866-2016, Festschrift zum 150. Jubiläum, Zurich 2016
- Author, "Zur Kognition des Bundesgerichts bei Fachgerichten," Zeitschrift für Zivilprozess- und Zwangsvollstreckungsrecht (ZZZ), Zurich 2013
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.