Craig Roeder is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Chicago office with a significant experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions, securities offering transactions, securities law compliance, corporate governance and other corporate transactional matters.
Craig is recognized as a leading lawyer in mergers and acquisitions in Chambers USA, Legal 500 USA, Best Lawyers and International Who’s Who of Mergers & Acquisition Lawyers. He has also twice been named as a Client Service All Star in surveys of Fortune 1000 corporate counsel conducted by BTI Consulting Group.
Representative Legal Matters
Public Company Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Gebr. Knauf KG, a leading German building products manufacturer, in connection with its acquisition of USG Corporation (NYSE: USG), the leading US manufacturer of gypsum wall board and related building products, in a transaction valued at USD 7 billion (pending).
- Acted as counsel to Ecolab Inc., a global producer of cleaning, sanitizing, food safety and infection prevention products and services, in connection with its USD 8.1 billion stock and cash merger with Nalco Holding Company (NYSE: NLC), the world’s leading water treatment and process improvement company.
- Represented The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited, a leading Japanese life insurance company, with respect to its USD 5.7 billion cash merger with Protective Life Corporation (NYSE: PLC), a US-headquartered life insurance holding company, in the largest cross-border acquisition by a Japanese life insurance company.
Private Company Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised JCDecaux SA, the largest global outdoor advertising company, with respect to its acquisition of the Latin American outdoor advertising business of Outfront Media, Inc.
- Represented Nasdaq, Inc., the operator of the Nasdaq Stock Market and other international securities exchanges, in connection with its acquisition of Chi-X Canada ATS Ltd., a Canadian alternative securities trading platform.
- Acted as counsel to Knauf Insulation GmbH with respect to its acquisition of the fiberglass insulation manufacturing business of Guardian Industries Corp.
Investment and Joint Venture Transactions
- Represented Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., a leading global retail and pharmacy company, with respect to its joint venture combining its mail order and specialty pharmacy operations with those of Prime Therapeutics, Inc. in a transaction valued at USD 2 billion.
- Acted as counsel to Abbott Laboratories in connection with its USD 2.3 billion public resale offering of shares of Mylan N.V. underwritten by Morgan Stanley and Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Section on Business Law
- Illinois~United States (1985)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1985)
- University of Denver (B.S.) (1982)