Beatriz joined Baker McKenzie in 2018. She has advised important international and national clients in different matters, including regulatory, corporate and investment protection. Beatriz has experience in the telecom, banking and finance, data privacy, environmental, mines and oil and gas sectors.
Beatriz has participated in advising clients in several areas of law. With her team, she has handled several regulatory issues in the banking and finance sector, has advised high-profile clients on public law issues and US sanctions against Venezuela, has advised clients that wish or have business in the oil sector, and has participated in due diligence compliance processes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised international companies that have contracts with Venezuelan authorities and permissions and licenses before government organisms, including IVC Channel.
- Advised clients on regulatory matters regarding their business in Venezuela.
- Advised international companies on data privacy regulations in Venezuela, including Meta, Instagram, Apple, Netflix, among others.
- Advised clients regarding US sanctions against Venezuela.
- Advised clients on the donation of real estate property and declaration of the donation before the National Integrated Customs and Tax Administration Service (SENIAT).
- Elaboration of contracts, shareholders' meeting and other daily corporate matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Caracas Law Bar
- Venezuela (2023)
- Universidad Metropolitana (J.D.) (2023)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Participant in Baker McKenzie's Venezuela's Diversity and Inclusion Committee and the Pro-Bono Committee.
Baker & McKenzie SC is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.