Laura Rietvelt is a counsel in the corporate structures department of Baker McKenzie’s Amsterdam office.
Laura joined Baker McKenzie Amsterdam in 2004 as a candidate civil-law notary and is a counsel in the Corporate Structures department of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. Laura spent nearly a year in the London office of Baker McKenzie. She was seconded at the legal department of IBM for a couple of months. Laura publishes regularly in legal journals. Laura's practice focuses on Dutch corporate law and the coordination of multijurisdictional reorganization projects. She is often European regional coordinator in worldwide post-acquisition integrations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in various restructurings and mergers and acquisitions for globally operating multinationals.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB) - Member
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2004)
- University of Utrecht (Notarial Law) (2003)
- University of Utrecht (Civil Law) (2003)
- Author, "Certificering: weer geen bewilliging," Juridische Berichten voor het Notariaat (Dutch notarial magazine)
- Author, "Verklaring en verslag van accountant bij fusie en splitsing facultatief?!," Juridische Berichten voor het Notariaat
- Author, "Taadgevende stem bij besluiten buiten vergadering," Juridische Berichten voor het Notariaat
- Author, "Nieuwe kansen voor plankvennootschap," Het Financieele Dagblad (Dutch daily financial newspaper), June 2005