Dr. Peter Reinert is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. For more than 30 years, Peter has been advising numerous companies in complex labor issues and has successfully represented clients in court. He also advises healthcare companies on Swiss regulatory matters.
Peter regularly publishes work in relation to all aspects of Swiss employment law, and is a regular speaker at internal and external seminars.
Peter focuses his practice on Swiss labor law matters, with an emphasis on executive compensation, business transfers and other forms of restructurings, as well as a myriad of issues related to pharmaceutical regulatory law. His corporate clients include many healthcare and TMT (technology, media and telecommunications) companies.
Peters knowledge is highly valued by clients. According to Chambers Employment Switzerland 2021, "he handled a case in court fabulously and was really well prepared. He has wide knowledge and expertise." Peter was also described as "very helpful, responsive and knowledgeable" by Legal500 Europe Employment 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Swiss-based financial institution on its implementation of a consistent bonus scheme in 30 countries worldwide.
- Successfully litigated for a corporate IT client in relation to defending the termination of its CEO with immediate effect for serious cause.
- Successfully represented corporate clients in negotiations with unions relating to social plans.
- Advised pharmaceutical companies on the regulatory aspects of their spin-off.
- Leading Lawyer for Employment Switzerland, Legal 500 Europe, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association - Employment Law Work Groups
- Swiss Bar Association
- Switzerland (1993)
- University of Louvain (LL.M.) (1995)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (1991)
- University of Zurich (lic. iur.) (1987)
- Author, "The Global Employer: Switzerland", Baker McKenzie, October 2021
- Co-author, "Rechtsfragen im Zusammenhang mit dem Vaterschaftsurlaub," Jusletter, November 2020
- Author, Switzerland chapter in Baker & McKenzie's "Global Employer Termination Handbook 2019-2020", 2020
- Author, "Arbeitsrecht," Baker & McKenzie Zürich (ed.), Wirtschaftsrecht, 2020
- Co-author, "Risiken eines De facto-Anstellungsverhältnisses," WEKA Lohn und Sozialversicherungen Newsletter, August 2020
- Author, articles 27, 28, 49, 50, 76 and 77; co-author, commentary on article 68, Stämpflis Handkommentar, Fusionsgesetz, 2nd Edition, 2015 (commentary on employment-related provisions of the Swiss Merger Act)