Andrés Ramírez is a junior associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's Bogotá office, where he started as an auxiliary associate since 2018. He has handled legal matters related to the enforcement and management of trademarks and copyrights, particularly with matters regarding infringements of intellectual property rights either in administrative or judicial proceedings.
Andrés has been lecturer in several trainings held before Customs authorities on trademark enforcement in border measures and tackling counterfeit merchandise.
Andrés is currently pro bono coordinator for Baker McKenzie Bogotá since 2022.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global conglomerate in trademark enforcement matters related to several border measures in a Latin-American country.
- Advised a tech company in reaching a settlement agreement in a thorough negotiation involving an intellectual property rights infringement judicial proceeding.
- Advised a multinational fast food chain in obtaining the declaration of notoriety of one of its marks in Colombia within an administrative trademark proceeding.
- Assisted a British sports company in defending its intellectual property against a third party that sought registration for an identical mark in Colombia.
- Colombia (2021)
- Universidad de los Andes (JD) (2021)
Lecturer, "Capacitaciones sobre falsedad marcaria a funcionarios de la DIAN," Annual trainings, 2019-2022
Co-author, "Estudios de Propiedad Intelectual Contemporánea," Editorial Diké, September 2022
Author, "La recordación imperfecta de las marcas, una aproximación empresarial," Revista P&M, March 2021
Author, "Publicidad y películas: mecanismos alternativos para llegar al consumidor," Revista P&M, July 2020
Firm Committee Memberships
- Pro Bono Coordinator, Baker McKenzie Bogotá