Nick Rainsford is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Private Equity and Funds group, based in London. Nick is recognised in both Chambers and Legal 500.
Nick's practice is focused on infrastructure M&A across Europe. He advises infrastructure funds, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and corporates. Nick has particular expertise in shareholder and management incentivisation arrangements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised AMP Capital on the disposal of its interests in Alpha Trains.
- Advised Basalt Infrastructure on its investment into Full Fibre.
- Advised on the sale of Aurora Energy Research, the leading provider of critical data and analytics to the power and industry sector.
- Advised DIF Capital Partners, Aberdeen Standard Investments and Local Pensions Partnership Investments on the acquisition of Elenia Heat.
- Advised DIF Capital Partners on the acquisition and disposal of interests in Dublin EfW.
- Advised Macquarie Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of the UK business of Wheelabrator Technologies Inc from Equity Capital Partners.
- Advised the consortium comprising Dalmore Capital, Swiss Life Asset Management, Fiera Infrastructure and Semperian PPP Investment Partners on the acquisition of the Cory Riverside Group.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2005)
- Nottingham Law School (LPC) (1998)
- Nottingham Trent University (LLB Hons) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.