Anne Petterd focuses on technology, telecommunications, customs and export controls, and consumer and commercial law issues. Much of her practice involves online, telecommunications and IT businesses as well as defence and government procurement. She previously worked with the Australian Government Solicitor. She also worked in Baker McKenzie's London office for 18 months and seconded to major telecommunications and information technology service providers.
Anne handles projects involving digital economy, cloud computing and large-scale IT supplies in the Asia Pacific. Her work focuses on the retail, telecommunications, defence, government and financial services sectors, and often involves new business models and test regulatory issues on privacy and telecommunications. Anne also advises on customs assessment, compliance and export control requirements as well as related trade and product compliance issues. She regularly works with regulators on these matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as local counsel for several US-based global telecommunications companies on telecommunications regulatory and contract issues.
- Worked for an Australian telecommunications company on its mobile network construction contracts with three network constructors.
- Acted for several XaaS providers in their entry into the public and financial services sectors in the Asia Pacific.
- Assisted a global automotive parts supplier to restructure its Australian operations in 2016 to be run from Singapore. Drafted and negotiated agreements to appoint new distributors, a marketing agreement for the new Australian representative and manufacturer terms.
- Acted for Australian, European and United States suppliers on their major projects with Defence Departments for telecommunications, helicopters, submarines, cybersecurity and other supplies.
- Advised companies and governments on customs and trade matters, particularly the assessment of export controls and sanctions, and the handling of dumping investigations.
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (2007)
- New South Wales~Australia (2001)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1997)
- University of New South Wales (LL.M.) (2003)
- University of Tasmania (LL.B. Honors) (1997)
- University of Tasmania (B.A.) (1997)
- Australian National University (Graduate Diploma Legal Practice) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.