David Palumbo is a partner and Chair of the Corporate Transactions Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. David is a member of the Firm’s North American Capital Markets Steering Committee and Global Inclusion and Diversity Committee. He serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of the You Can Play Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the inclusion of all in sports.
David has a corporate and capital markets practice with a focus on public and private financings and transactions by both private and public companies in sectors including healthcare and life sciences, tech, gaming and natural resources/mining. He assists foreign companies to establish themselves and do business in Canada. David is a member of Baker McKenzie's North American Capital Markets Steering Committee and regularly advise on securities regulatory compliance matters, including registration matters and the establishment, operation and administration of publicly offered and privately placed funds, including hedge funds, closed-end funds, mutual funds and the placement of securities in Canada of foreign issuers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2006)
- University of Windsor (LL.B.) (2005)
- University of Western Ontario (B.A., Honours) (2000)
- Co-author, "Hostile Takeover Bids: Offeror Strategies and Defensive Tactics" portion of the "Capital Markets and M&A" practice area in Lexis Practice Advisor, a legal research tool published by LexisNexis in Canada, May 2022
- Co-author, "Timely Disclosure Requirements" portion of the "Capital Markets and M&A" practice area in Lexis Practice Advisor, a legal research tool published by LexisNexis in Canada, May 2022
- Co-author, “CSA Issues Guidance on Know-Your-Client, Know-Your-Product and Suitability Obligations,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, January 2014
- Speaker, "Portfolio Management Association of Canada," The 2014 Year in Review – Lessons Learned from Regulatory Audits (CSA, FINTRAC and SEC), December 2014
- Program Co-Chair, Ontario Bar Association, 12th Annual OSC, TSX and IIROC Update, June 2014
- Speaker, 2014 Intellectual Property Law Spring Series, Global Pharmaceutical Patent Licensing Considerations – North American Deal Activity, June 2014
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.