Dr. Gerrit Niehoff is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office. He joined the Firm in 2016 after having worked as legal trainee in the Firm’s Frankfurt and New York offices. From 2012 to 2014, Dr. Niehoff worked as a graduate research assistant at the Chair for Private Law, Civil Procedure and Private International Law at the University of Passau, Germany.
Dr. Niehoff advises clients mainly on international arbitration matters. He represents national and multinational companies with a focus on disputes arising from international trade agreements and Post-M&A disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a Chinese TV manufacturer before the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center concerning technical properties of its TVs.
- Representing a German manufacturer before the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission concerning defective machinery.
- Representing a German bank before German state courts in a dispute concerning claims under bank guarantees and counter-guarantees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- DIS 40 - Member
- German-American Lawyers’ Association (DAJV) - Member
- HKIAC’s HK45 - Member
- Germany (2016)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Second State Exam) (2016)
- University of Passau (Dr. iur.) (2014)
- University of Passau (First State Exam) (2012)
- University of London (Diploma in Law) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.