Next to a general focus on mergers and acquisitions (including corporate takeovers, joint ventures) for private equity and strategic parties, Max is developing a strong presence in the Amsterdam energy, mining and infrastructure sector and has a particular focus on renewable energy and clean technology. He regularly advises (publicly and privately held) corporates, (private equity) investors, developers on M&A transactions, joint ventures and restructurings, including the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Roularta Media Group on the acquisition of Flow Magazine from DPG Media.
- Advised the shareholder of Ecotools Onroerend Goed B.V. with the sale of Ecotools to Bunzl.
- Advised Safe Life AB, a European and North American leader in AEDs and training, on:
- its acquisition of AED Solutions B.V.; and
- its acquisition of Fuego Tiel B.V.
- Advised EPH Group on the acquisition of the wholesale activities of PZEM and the Sloe power plant.
- Advised BG Light B.V. on the acquisition of It’s About Romi B.V.
- Advised (in cooperation with Danish law firm Accura) Podimo ApS on the acquisition of Dag en Nacht Media B.V.
- Advised Lesjöfors on the acquisition of the Alcomex Group.
- Advised Wega Invest B.V. with its (indirect) sale of Royal Herkel B.V. to Royal Sanders B.V.
- Advised Marel hf. on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of PMJ.
- Advised Azzurro Associates Limited with the sale of its subsidiaries Pleitmeester B.V. and Data Interface B.V.
- Advised Ellomay Capital Ltd. on the acquisition of a Dutch based renewable energy production facility.
- Advised Ergon Capital on the sale of the Keesing Media Group to BC Partners.
- Advised Wagram Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Creamy Creation Business from FrieslandCampina.
- Advised Waard Leven on the acquisition of a Dutch portfolio of term life and savings policies from Argenta.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Amsterdam Young Bar Association (AYBA)
- Amsterdam (2019)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. Togamaster) (2019)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (LL.M. Corporate Law) (2018)