Angelica Navarro is senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Bogota office. She served as an advisor to the superintendent of Industry and Commerce on antitrust and merger control. Prior to that, she was an adviser to the director of the National Protection Unit, where she was in charge of the formulation and execution on protection and human rights programs.
Angelica has developed her professional experience in the private and public sector on issues related to competition law, compliance, consumer protection, administrative law, constitutional law, public and private procurement and commercial law. Angelica advised the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce and participated in significant decisions concerning cartels. She has also provided merger control advice in several merger transactions to international companies as well as consumer protection and data privacy advice to local and international companies.
- Next Generation Lawyer, Competition and Antitrust, Legal 500, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Outstanding Lawyer, Law of Free Competition, Who's Who Legal: Competition - Future Leaders, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Colombia (2009)
- University of California at Berkeley (LLM Colfuturo Scholarship) (2013)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Specialization Administrative Law) (2010)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (JD) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein