María Montejo Torres
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S.
María Montejo Torres is a member of the Firm's International Commercial and Infrastructure groups. Prior to joining the Firm in 2013, María worked in the corporate-M&A group of a leading Colombian law firm.
María focuses on commercial contracts, public procurement and infrastructure projects. She advises clients investing in Colombia to structure complex cross-border commercial arrangements ranging from franchising and distribution schemes to joint ventures and EPC, O&M and BOMT contracts, among others. María has extensive experience on issues of contract negotiation and interpretation. She also assists clients on matters of public law, including public procurement, infrastructure law and PPPs, administrative procedures and sanctions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as lead counsel to Bonus Banca de Inversión, an investment bank specialized in public sector projects, in its mandate granted by the National Infrastructure Agency (ANI) for the integrated structuring of the toll-road project "Nueva Malla Vial del Valle del Cauca - Accesos Cali-Palmira", the first in a series of 5th generation transportation concessions in Colombia.
- Acted as counsel to a subsidiary of Spain's Civil Aviation Authority (AENA) in its capacity as lead sponsor of a private PPP initiative which purpose is to continue as operator and partner of Cartagena's international airport's concessionaire.
- Advised a public transportation operator in connection with several bids conducted by Transmilenio (Bogota’s public transportation company) for the award of concession contracts to renew the system’s bus fleet, operation and maintenance for the mass transport system of Bogotá City.
- Advised a Chinese financial institution in the financing of a PPP project for the construction and operation of a toll-road project in Colombia.
- New York (2018)
- Colombia (2011)
- Columbia Law School, United States (LLM, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (2016)
- Universidad de los Andes (Post-Graduate Degree in International Business Law) (2013)
- Universidad de los Andes (Law Degree - J.D. equivalent) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein