María Montejo Torres is a member of the Firm's International Commercial and Infrastructure groups. Prior to joining the Firm in 2013, María worked in the corporate-M&A group of a leading Colombian law firm.
María focuses on commercial contracts, public procurement and infrastructure projects. She advises clients investing in Colombia to structure complex cross-border commercial arrangements and has extensive experience on issues of contract negotiation and interpretation. She also assists clients on matters of public procurement, infrastructure law and PPPs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as counsel to Spain's Civil Aviation Authority (AENA) as leader member of a private PPP initiative to continue as operator and partner of Cartagena's international airport's concessionaire.
- Advised China Development Bank in the financing of a PPP project for the construction and operation of a highway in Colombia.
- Assisted an international hospitality company based in Canada in its negotiation of a contract package for the management, renovation and operation of two 5-star hotels in Bogota.
- Advised Molson Coors Brewing Company on a joint venture with CCC (Postobón's and Compañía Cervecerías Unidas' joint vehicle) for the local production and distribution of Coors beer in Colombia.
- Colombia (2011)
- Columbia Law School (LLM Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (2016)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Post Graduate Degree) (2013)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Law Degree) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein