James is an associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution Department based in London. James is also a member of the business crime practice group. James' practice focuses on advising companies and individuals on commercial and corporate disputes. In addition to substantial experience in general commercial litigation, James practices in a number of areas, in particular disputes concerning fraud, financial services disputes, investigations and enforcement actions, white-collar crime and cryptocurrency disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for three former directors in a successful summary judgment in a High Court action for breach of warranty claims under a Share Purchase Agreement on a disputed sale of a taxi software company.
- Defended a worldwide freezing injunction and High Court proceedings against a digital marketing company related to a GBP 50 million cryptocurrency fraud.
- Assisted with advising a Premiership Football Club in an ongoing shareholder dispute for over GBP 200 million.
- Advised a specialist loan provider on a professional negligence claim against two law firms.
- Acted for an individual in a shareholder dispute in relation to the ownership of a golf course.
- Acting for the former managing director of a defence contractor in relation to high profile criminal proceedings brought by the Serious Fraud Office on charges of corruption, overseas bribery of foreign public officials and misconduct in public office.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2021)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course (L.P.C.) and Masters in Law & Business (MSc.)) (2016)
- University of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law (G.D.L)) (2015)
- Loughborough University (BSc. in Physics & Management) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.