Ciro is a lawyer graduated from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana and a specialist in Tax Law from Universidad del Rosario. In 2006 he obtained a LL.M. degree in International and Comparative Law from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA, USA.
Over almost 20 years, he has advised companies in the oil and gas, pharmaceutical, technology, mass consumption and mining sectors, on matters related to tax planning and consulting, and litigation. From 2006 to 2010, he worked as a tax manager at Deloitte Colombia. Prior to this, he served as associate for two firms focused on tax and international trade. He has also been a professor of tax law courses at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Universidad Externado de Colombia and Universidad ICESI.
Ciro joined Baker McKenzie in 2010, and since 2014 he heads the Firm's Tax practice group in Bogotá.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised local and multinational companies such as AngloGold Ashanti, Chevron Petroleum, Petrominerales, Coca Cola FEMSA, Copa Airlines, Parex Resources and Petroleos Sudamericanos, among others.
- Chambers Latin America 2021, Tax, Band 3
- Legal 500 Latin America 2021 , Tax, Leading Individuals
- Colombia (2001)
- Tulane University, New Orleans (LL.M. International & Comparative Law) (2006)
- Universidad del Rosario (Specialization in Tax Law) (2003)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Lawyer) (2001)