Javier Menor is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Competition Practice Group in Barcelona. He is recognized by Legal 500 and Chambers, with Chambers Europe 2015 commending him for his "technical ability". He has also been recognized in the Spanish edition of "Best Lawyers" since 2008. Mr. Menor joined Baker McKenzie in 2015 from a professional services firm where he was in charge of the legal area in Catalonia, Aragon, and the Balearic Islands, and a member of the global executive committee, in charge of corporate M&A. He is a professor of competition law at ESADE Law School, and teaches the international contracts program at the Barcelona Bar Association.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading luxury group on the entrance of private equity on its capital.
- Advised French private equity group on the investment of an energy company located in Spain.
- Provided competition law advice to food and luxury companies in merger control.
- Provided competition law advice to Spanish public authorities in state aid matters related to the airline sector.
- Recognized Lawyer for M&A, Best Lawyers Spanish edition, 2008-2015
- 40 Under 40 Iberian Lawyer's Awards, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Member
- ESADE Association - Professor
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Professor
- Barcelona~Spain (1999)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Bachelor of Law) (1994)