Javier Menor leads the Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Barcelona. He is also a member of the Firm’s Corporate/M&A, Private Equity and Competition Practices Groups and has 20 years' experience in advising clients in these areas. He is recognised as one of the best lawyers in his field in Spain by the most prestigious directories, including Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers. Javier joined Baker McKenzie in 2015 from an international law firm where he was the co-managing partner of the Barcelona office and a member of the global Executive Committee, in charge of Corporate / M&A at a global level.
He is a professor of Competition Law at ESADE Law School, and teaches the international contracts program at the Barcelona Bar Association.
According to Chambers & Partners 2018, he receives praise from clients and market sources for his "excellent negotiation skills," and is described as "a very pragmatic person who finds ways to facilitate operations in reasonable time."
Representative Legal Matters
Advised a leading luxury group on the entrance of private equity on its capital.
French private equity group on the investment of an energy company located in Spain.
Provided competition law advice to a leading pharmaceutical company based in Spain.
- Recognized Lawyer for Competition / Antitrust Law, Corporate and M&A Law, European Union Law and Private Equity Law, Best Lawyers, 2008 - 2018
- Ranked Band 2 in Corporate / Commercial, Chambers Europe, 2017 - 2018
- Ranked Band 4 in Private Equity, Chambers Europe, 2017 - 2018
- Ranked Band 4 in Corporate / M&A, Chambers Europe, 2017 - 2018
- Ranked Band 5 in Corporate / M&A Chambers Europe, 2015 - 2016
- Recommended in Corporate / Commercial, Chambers Europe, 2015 - 2016
- 40 Under 40 Iberian Lawyer's Awards, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Member
- ESADE Association - Professor
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Professor
- CEOE (Spain's largest business association) - Member of the Legal Group
- Barcelona~Spain (1999)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Bachelor of Law) (1994)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (LLM) (1997)
- Harvard Law School (Program on Negotiation) (2007)
- IESE Business School (Senior Management Program) (2013)