Javier Menor leads the Corporate/M&A Practice Group and a partner in Baker McKenzie's Barcelona office. He is also a member of the Firm’s Corporate/M&A, Private Equity and Competition Practices Groups and has 20 years' experience in advising clients in these areas. He is recognized as one of the best lawyers in his field in Spain by the most prestigious directories, including Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.
Javier joined Baker McKenzie in 2015 from an international law firm where he was the co-managing partner of the Barcelona office and a member of the global executive committee, in charge of Corporate/M&A at a global level.
He is a professor of Competition Law at ESADE Law School and teaches the international contracts program at the Barcelona Bar Association.
- Ranked in Corporate / Commercial in Barcelona, Chambers Europe
- Ranked in Corporate / M&A in Spain, Chambers Europe
- Ranked in Private Equity in Spain, Chambers Europe
- 40 Under 40 Iberian Lawyer's Awards, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Member
- ESADE Association - Professor
- Bar Association of Barcelona - Professor
- CEOE (Spain's largest business association) - Member of the Legal Group
- Barcelona~Spain (1999)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Bachelor of Law) (1994)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (LLM) (1997)
- Harvard Law School (Program on Negotiation) (2007)
- IESE Business School (Senior Management Program) (2013)