Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C.
Adriana Martinez-Alderete has been a member of the Corporate / M&A Practice Group in the Firm's Juarez office since 2003. Her practice covers general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, contracts and advice on foreign investment projects in Mexico. She has also provided pro bono work to several local non-profit organizations.
Ms. Martinez-Alderete routinely advises clients on the organization of Mexican legal entities, incorporation and corporate maintenance; preparation, negotiation and closing of all type of contracts, including joint ventures; corporate restructurings, spin-offs, conversions; mergers and acquisitions: structuring, due diligence, preparation, negotiation and closing of related agreements; assets or stock purchase agreements and dissolution proceedings. She is also experienced in handling the legal aspects of joint ventures, liquidations, assets dispositions, foreign investment projects, establishment of maquiladora companies in Mexico, among other type of business.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several clients in the establishment, consolidation, spin-off, conversion, and shut down of operations in Mexico.
- Collaborated in the documentation of various agreements of companies that are part of the maquiladora industry.
- Participated in the restructuring of several companies in Mexico as part of international transactions.
- Participated in the structuring, due diligence, audits, review and preparation of agreements and legal documents and, in general, in the negotiation and closing of several clients' international M&A transactions.
- Participated in the issuance of public instruments before the public broker for the formalization of several corporate transactions.
- Assisted in the incorporation and corporate governance matters of several local non-profit organizations such as Patronato del Centro Cultural Paso del Norte, A.C., and Instituto Promotor para la Educación del Estados de Chihuahua, A.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa - Member
- Mexico (2005)
- Universidad Autonoma de Ciudad Juárez (Bachelor of Laws) (2005)
Co-author, “Signing, closing and opinions” Mexico chapter, PLC Cross- border International Transaction Guides, 2012 update
Co-author, “JVs structure” Mexico chapter, PLC Cross- border International Transaction Guides, 2012 update
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.