David Marquez is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Guadalajara office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2001.
Mr. Marquez's main areas of practice are civil, commercial, and administrative litigation (including amparo actions), as well as international procedural cooperation. He also focuses on complex litigation relative to real estate ownership and construction in various fields and jurisdiction levels. Mr. Marquez is also experienced in handling a broad range of criminal matters, both collaborating with federal and state prosecutors and as a defense counselor, on matters related to fraud, embezzlement, banking law violations, insurance fraud, theft, and collaborating with prosecutors to represent major companies in criminal matters to prosecute the parties involved.
Representative Legal Matters
- Worked in complex litigation involving the real estate, business, and corporate sectors, as well as in the tourism industry.
- Participated in multijurisdictional proceedings that have involved enforcement of judgments in Mexico and abroad.
- Collaborated with prosecutors to represent major companies in criminal matters to prosecute the defendant parties involved.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- US-Mexico Bar Association - Member
- Mexico (1999)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Studies Procedural Law) (2004)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Studies Contract Law) (2002)
- Georgetown University and Universidad Iberoamericana (Post Graduate Studies U.S. Law) (2001)
- Instituto Tecnologico y De Estudios Superiores de Occidente (Law Degree) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.