David joined Baker McKenzie in 2001. He is currently head of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in the Guadalajara office. His main areas of practice include civil, commercial, and administrative litigation (including amparo actions), restructuring and insolvency, as well as international procedural cooperation.
His practice areas include complex litigation relative to real estate ownership and construction in various fields and jurisdiction levels. Regarding international procedural cooperation, he advises on process and documents, taking of evidence, recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and awards, and proceedings in connection with international treaties and conventions to which Mexico is a party. David is also experienced in domestic and multijurisdiction restructuring and insolvency proceedings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Complex litigation involving the real estate, business, and corporate sectors, as well as in the tourism industry.
- Multijurisdictional proceedings that have involved enforcement of judgments in Mexico and abroad.
- Domestic and multijurisdiction restructuring and insolvency proceedings.
- Represented multinational companies in administrative public bids litigation and energy projects.
- Complex construction litigation and damages.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vice chair of the Mexico chapter of the US-Mexico Bar Association
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association (BMA, Colegio de Abogados)
- Mexico (1999)
- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE) (Program Continuing Education Program AD-2) (2021)
- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE) (Program AD-2) (2019)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey ITESM (Postgraduate Diploma in Law Oral Trials) (2017)
- Universidad Panamericana (LL.M. Commercial Law) (2013)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Studies Procedural Law) (2004)
- Universidad Panamericana (Post Graduate Studies Contract Law) (2002)
- Georgetown University and Universidad Iberoamericana (Post Graduate Studies U.S. Law) (2001)
- Instituto Tecnologico y De Estudios Superiores de Occidente (Law Degree) (2000)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (North American Law) (2000)
- Co-author of articles published in “The Practical Litigator” (American Law Institute – American Bar Association)
- Guest speaker at lectures organized by the Mexican Bar Association(BMA, Colegio de Abogados)
- Guest speaker at lectures organized by American Bar Association
- Guest speaker at lectures organized by the American Chamber of Commerce
- Co-author of the legal study, “Electronic Discovery Around the World” published by the American Bar Association
- Guest speaker at lectures organized by the US-Mexico Bar Association
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.