Michael Macapagal is a senior associate in Quisumbing Torres' Dispute Resolution Practice Group and is a member of the Compliance and Competition focus groups. He has eight years of legal practice involving compliance, arbitration, civil and commercial law, labor law, intellectual property and property law, public private partnerships, project finance, joint venture matters. He received the sixth highest score in the 2008 Philippine bar examinations. He is also a professorial lecturer at the Manuel L. Quezon University, where he teaches civil torts and damages law. Previously, he was an associate counsel at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre and an associate solicitor at the Office of the Solicitor General.
Michael focuses on commercial arbitration, construction disputes, public-private partnerships, competition law enforcement and project finance deals with the government, as well as antitrust and compliance matters for corporate clients. He advises domestic and multinational clients on dispute resolution-related issues. He has also represented government agencies in constitutional, environmental and money-laundering cases.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Member (MCIArb)
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- Philippine Institute of Arbitrators - Member
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre Group (YSIAC) - Member
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) - Member, Local Steering Committee
- International Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2017)
- Philippines (2009)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (2014)
- University of the Philippines, College of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2008)
- Ateneo de Manila University (B.S. Management Engineering) (2003)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.