Sun Kyun Lim is a local principal at Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow. His practice focuses on energy, infrastructure and resources projects.
Sun Kyun advises on various project documents throughout the value chain including feed supply agreements, offtake contracts and equity-related contracts such as joint venture agreements. Sun Kyun has extensive experience in advising on LNG sales and purchase contracts, from spot deals to long term LNG SPAs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a petrochemical company relating to its LNG trading activities including its LNG sale and purchase agreement with another company, and various other long- to short-term activities.
- Assisted POSCO in its three-party joint venture with Vale SA and Dongkuk Steel Mill Co. Ltd. for the development, construction, operation and maintenance of an integrated steel mill in Brazil valued at approximately USD 6 billion.
- Counseled Korea Western Power Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of a 40% stake in Pioneer Gas Power Limited, an independent power generation company in India.
- Advised a multinational electronics company on the renegotiation of its license agreement with a major US software company.
- Assisted SK E&S Co. Ltd. in entering into a long-term LNG sale and purchase agreement in respect of LNG sourced from Indonesia.
- Assisted SK LNG Trading Pte. Ltd (now Prism Energy International), a Singapore LNG trading subsidiary of SK E&S Co. Ltd. on numerous master LNG sale and purchase agreements.
- Advised SK Gas on entering into a joint venture with Vopak, and related commercial arrangements including terminal use agreement.
- Advised SK Networks on its proposed subscription for shares in Cockatoo Coal Limited, the ASX-listed coal miner with thermal coal and metallurgical assets located in Queensland and New South Wales.
- Advised SK Networks on exiting from investment in a cold rolled stainless steel joint venture in Turkey.
- New York~United States (2005)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.