Alex Lewis is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Private Equity & Funds group, based in London.
Alex advises private equity houses and other financial investors on a wide range of domestic and international private equity transactions, including buyouts, joint ventures, minority investments and exits.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Alex advised on the following matters:
- Advised Bain Capital on a number of transactions and matters, including its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc
- Advised The Carlyle Group as international counsel in relation to various investments by the Carlyle Peru Fund in Peru, including Nuevo Mundo Viajes, Condor Travel, and Inca Rail
- Advised Summit Partners on its joint venture with FleetCor to acquire UK-based Masternaut from Francisco Partners
- Advised Anchorage Capital on the acquisition of the New Century Care Group
- Advised TPG Capital on the disposals of Decision Insight Information Group (Europe) to EDR Landmark Group and of xit2 to EDM Group
- Advised a PERE Fund on the sale of Executive Offices Group to Queensgate Investments
- Advised AMP Capital on the acquisition by the Irish Infrastructure Fund (a fund managed by AMP Capital) of a controlling stake in a portfolio of wind farms in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Advised RPC Group plc on its GBP 88 million rights issue and EUR 240 million acquisition of Superfos, from the Nordic private equity investors IK Investment Partners and Ratos AB
- Advised Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc on various matters, including its GBP 70 million acquisition of Kiddicare, the specialist online baby products retailer, and its investment in FreshDirect, the New York on-line grocer
- Advised EN+ Group Limited on the shareholder documentation between the four principal shareholders in United Company RUSAL plc
- England & Wales - United Kingdom (2004)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.