Alex Lewis is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Private Equity & Funds group, based in London.
Alex advises private equity houses and other financial investors on a wide range of domestic and international private equity transactions, including buyouts, joint ventures, minority investments and exits.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Puig on its acquisition of a majority stake in Charlotte Tilbury, the British luxury makeup and skincare brand.
- Advised Platinum Equity on the disposal of the Terratest group to Nazca Capital
- Advised Core Equity on the acquisition of Portman Dental from Livingbridge and management.
- Advised The Rohatyn Group on the acquisitions of Pet Centar Pet Product SRL and Mimaja d.o.o., leading pet supplies retailers across South East Europe, Romania and Slovenia respectively.
- Advised the management team of Lawyers on Demand (LOD) in respect of the buyout of LOD by Bowmark Capital.
- Advised Bain Capital on the acquisitions, through its portfolio company Diversey, of Zenith Hygiene Group plc and Twister Holding AB.
- Advised Bain Capital on a number of transactions and matters, including its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc.
- Advised The Carlyle Group as international counsel in relation to various investments by the Carlyle Peru Fund in Peru, including Nuevo Mundo Viajes, Condor Travel, and Inca Rail.
- Advised Summit Partners on its joint venture with FleetCor to acquire UK-based Masternaut from Francisco Partners.
- Advised Anchorage Capital on the acquisition of the New Century Care Group.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.