Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Dubai Islamic Bank in connection with the defence of a USD 2 billion claim brought in the Commercial Court relating to a USD 560 million fraud in Dubai.
- Acted for Consolidated Construction Company in respect of a high value claim in the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for two multinational retailers in respect of a USD 600 million LCIA arbitration.
- Acted for a multinational company in a post-M&A working capital value adjustment dispute in expert determination.
- Acted for an international logistics company in respect of a disputed debt arising out of a fraud investigation.
- Acted for an Australian company in connection with resisting a Winding Up Petition by HMRC in the Bankruptcy Court.
- Acted for Championship football club in connection with a GBP 36 million breach of contract claim in the Commercial Court.
- Acted for a Spanish bank in connection with a GBP 1 million breach of representation and warranty claim in a LCIA arbitration.
- Advised a Qatari Bank in connection with three unpaid mortgages totally GBP 1.3 million.
- England & Wales (2016)
- University of Law (LLB) (2013)
- University of Nottingham (History and Politics) (2009)
Author, A Zero Sum Analysis of Arbitration and Litigation is to the Detriment of Both: An Assessment of Lord Thomas’s Bailii Lecture and Sir Bernard’s CIArb Speech, Global Arbitration News, October 2016
Co-author, Bias in Arbitration and Adjudication", Lexology online and New Zealand Dispute Resolution Centre Magazine, June 2016
Author, European Commission Targets Five EU Member States Over Intra-EU BITs, Global Arbitration News, September 2015