Ben Levitt is a senior associate in the London office's Dispute Resolution Department. Ben qualified in March 2016 and has experience in multijurisdictional insolvency and commercial litigation. Ben was a Judicial Assistant in the Chancery Division in 2015.
Ben advises multinational companies on multijurisdictional commercial disputes, principally across the banking, technology, energy, and construction sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Acting for Citibank in winding up petitions totalling c.USD 600 million against various entities in the Gupta Family Group.
- Acted for a director of various insolvent companies in relation to actions by administrators and liquidators.
- Acted for an Australian company resisting a Winding Up Petition by HMRC in the Bankruptcy Court.
- Acted for a Sovereign Entity in respect of proceedings in the Cayman Islands, the USA, and Hong Kong in relation to a c. USD 500 million claim including Norwich Pharmacal Application in Hong Kong and s.1782 Application in the USA.
- Acted for Dubai Islamic Bank in connection with a USD 2 billion claim brought against it in the Commercial Court relating to a USD 560 million fraud in Dubai.
- Acted for Dubai Islamic Bank in connection with a claim brought against it for breach of a settlement agreement.
- Acted for White Oak in a GBP 6 million summary judgment claim against defaulting payees
- Acted for a defendant in respect of a USD 550 million claim in the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for two multinational retailers in respect of a USD 600 million LCIA arbitration.
- Acted for a Spanish bank in connection with a GBP 1 million breach of representation and warranty claim in a LCIA arbitration.
- Legal 500, 2022: "Key Lawyer" in Commercial Litigation Premium
- Legal 500, 2021: Commercial Litigation Premium: "Ben Levitt – very bright with great client skills". "Key Lawyer" in Civil Fraud Team
- England & Wales (2016)
- Insol International (INSOL Foundation Certificate in International Insolvency Law) (2021)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course with Distinction) (2013)
- University of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law with Commendation) (2012)
- University of Nottingham (History and Politics BA Jt. Hons) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.