Ben Levitt is an associate in London office's Dispute Resolution Department. Ben qualified in March 2016, and focuses on multijurisdictional commercial litigation and arbitration.
Ben advises multinational companies on multijurisdictional commercial disputes, principally across the banking, technology, energy, and construction sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Dubai Islamic Bank in connection with the defence of a USD 2 billion claim brought in the Commercial Court relating to a USD 560 million fraud in Dubai.
- Acted for Consolidated Construction Company in respect of a high value claim in the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for two multinational retailers in respect of a USD 600 million LCIA arbitration.
- Acted for a multinational company in a post-M&A working capital value adjustment dispute in expert determination.
- Acted for an international logistics company in respect of a disputed debt arising out of a fraud investigation.
- Acted for an Australian company in connection with resisting a Winding Up Petition by HMRC in the Bankruptcy Court.
- Acted for Championship football club in connection with a GBP 36 million breach of contract claim in the Commercial Court.
- Acted for a Spanish bank in connection with a GBP 1 million breach of representation and warranty claim in a LCIA arbitration.
- Advised a Qatari Bank in connection with three unpaid mortgages totally GBP 1.3 million.
- England & Wales (2016)
- University of Law (LLB) (2013)
- University of Nottingham (History and Politics) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.