Won Lee is a partner leading Baker McKenzie's Korea practice. He has been advising numerous Korean and non-Korean clients on cross-border M&A, energy and infrastructure development and investment projects. He received a JD from Yale Law School in 1989 and is admitted to practice in New York.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Korea Electric Power Corporation in its development and financing of numerous independent power projects (Overseas IPP Legal Advisor for 2003, 2007/2008 and 2008/2009).
- Advised Korea Western Power Co., Ltd. in its overseas development and financing (Overseas IPP Legal Advisor from 2004 through 2012).
- Advised SK Corporation in its formation of K-Power Co., Ltd. with BP Power for the purposes of developing, financing, constructing and operating a new gas-fired power plant in Gwangyang, Korea.
- Advised SK Telecom in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Hanaro Telecom.
- Advised Boryeong LNG Terminal in relation to terminal use agreements to be entered into with users of certain LNG receiving facilities to be situated in Boryeong, Korea.
- Advised POSCO in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Thainox Stainless Public Company Limited.
- Advised POSCO in the development of an integrated steel mill complex in Indonesia.
- Advised POSCO in its joint venture with Vale S.A. and Dongkuk Steel Mill Co., Ltd. for the development, construction, operation and maintenance of an integrated steel mill in Brazil.
- Advised Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. in its development of numerous high-technology telecommunications projects in various countries.
- Advised Samsung Corning Precision Co., Ltd., a joint venture between Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Corning Incorporated, in its license renewal with Corning Incorporated.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- New York~United States (1991)
- Seoul National University (B.A.) (1999)
- Yale Law School (J.D.) (1989)
- Brown University (B.A.) (1986)
- New York
- Hong Kong