Registered Foreign Lawyer
Baker & McKenzie
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Won Lee is a partner leading Baker McKenzie's Korea practice. He has been advising numerous Korean and non-Korean clients on cross-border M&A, energy and infrastructure development and investment projects. He received a JD from Yale Law School in 1989 and is admitted to practice in New York.
Mr. Lee has extensive experience in representing both Korean sellers and foreign buyers in connection with cross-border M&A transactions in which Korean entities have sold and bought their assets located within and outside of Korea to and from foreign counterparts. Mr. Lee is also experienced in discharging social infrastructure development and financing transactions, in the areas of petrochemical, power, gas, steel and telecommunications. Mr. Lee has also represented numerous major Korean companies in investing in developing nations and other emerging markets in the form of acquisitions, in whole or in part, of existing local enterprises, or establishment of new entities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Korea Electric Power Corporation in its development and financing of numerous independent power projects (Overseas IPP Legal Advisor for 2003, 2007/2008 and 2008/2009).
- Advised Korea Western Power Co., Ltd. in its overseas development and financing (Overseas IPP Legal Advisor from 2004 through 2012).
- Advised SK Corporation in its formation of K-Power Co., Ltd. with BP Power for the purposes of developing, financing, constructing and operating a new gas-fired power plant in Gwangyang, Korea.
- Advised SK Telecom in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Hanaro Telecom.
- Advised Boryeong LNG Terminal in relation to terminal use agreements to be entered into with users of certain LNG receiving facilities to be situated in Boryeong, Korea.
- Advised POSCO in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Thainox Stainless Public Company Limited.
- Advised POSCO in the development of an integrated steel mill complex in Indonesia.
- Advised POSCO in its joint venture with Vale S.A. and Dongkuk Steel Mill Co., Ltd. for the development, construction, operation and maintenance of an integrated steel mill in Brazil.
- Advised Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. in its development of numerous high-technology telecommunications projects in various countries.
- Advised Samsung Corning Precision Co., Ltd., a joint venture between Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Corning Incorporated, in its license renewal with Corning Incorporated.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- New York~United States (1991)
- Seoul National University (B.A.) (1999)
- Yale Law School (J.D.) (1989)
- Brown University (B.A.) (1986)
- New York
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.