Antonio Lattanzio is a Counsel of the Corporate / M&A practice of Baker McKenzie. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Antonio worked also as foreign lawyer in Detroit, Michigan (USA).
Antonio has extensive experience in cross-border corporate reorganizations and restructuring transactions for Italian and multinational groups (including mergers, de-mergers, contributions, transactions on the capital, asset deals and share deals) with a focus on regulated sectors such as healthcare, telecommunications, energy and transportation.
He regularly advises and represents clients on foreign investment restrictions reviews administered by the Italian Prime Minister's Office (so-called "Golden Powers" of the Italian Government).
He is active in the area of corporate law and commercial contracts and regularly advises clients on corporate governance and compliance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted various healthcare multinational groups in acquisition transactions and subsequent legal entity integration processes.
- Assisted BusItalia/ Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane, the state-owned holding company that manages infrastructure and services on the Italian rail network, in the acquisition of Qbuzz, a Dutch public transport provider.
- Assisted a Turkish conglomerate company in connection with its investments in Italy.
- Assisted a Japanese multinational conglomerate company in connection with the acquisition of power grid business from a leading group operating in the electrification and industrial automation, with particular reference to the clearance from the Italian Government in connection with the "Golden Powers".
- Assisted major telecommunications operators to obtain clearance from the Italian Government in connection with the foreign investment restrictions rules.
- Assisted a major consulting firm in the acquisition of a company operating a digital platform for e-procurement activities (digital process for public tenders) from a primary Italian bank institution.
- Italy (2004)
- University of Bari (J.D.) (2001)
- Speaker, "Liability of Directors in Italian limited liability companies", January 2017. LUISS Business School, Master in Business and Company Law, Rome - Italy
- Co-speaker, “Expansion Beyond U.S. Based Sales Representatives, Distributorships and Local Operations”. A half-day workshop, June 14, 2005 (“Raising your Game as a Global Player”). MSU Management Education Center, 811W Square Lake Road, Troy – Michigan 48098 - U.S.A.
- "Investimenti Diretti Esteri - La proposta di riforma europea e l'esperienza italiana" - "Diritto24" - 20 March 2019
- "Special powers of the Italian government in defence, homeland security, communications, energy and transportation" - "Utilities Law Review" Vol. 20, Issue 3, 2014 - Lawtext Publishing Limited, Witney, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom