Carlos Larios is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Tijuana office. He has experience in advising clients mainly in the industries and businesses developed and located in the northwest part of Mexico, including the maquiladora industry, hotel and tourist developments, real estate projects, mining, and the commercial fishing industry.
Mr. Larios regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, compliance, risk management, foreign investment, shelter and maquiladora operations, loan restructuring and guaranties, and general commercial agreements. He also has advised various investors in the start-up, relocation, consolidation, and closing of operations in Mexico.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised companies in the restructuring of loans / debt and collateral documentation with US financial institutions, mainly for the development and construction projects in Mexico.
- Participated in loan securitization projects for hotel groups with operations in Mexico, including the reorganization of their Mexican subsidiaries.
- Advised clients in the implementation of the legal structures (including corporate and real estate restructuring), to take advantage of preferential tax treatment in Mexico.
- Advised clients in the structuring as well as the termination of distribution agreements in Mexico and other countries within Latin America.
- Advised pharmaceutical companies on acquiring assets and product lines, including the negotiation with the federal health authorities in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Attorneys (ANADE)
- US-Mexico Bar Association
- U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce
- Mexico (2005)
- University of San Diego School of Law (LL.M. Comparative, Business and Corporate Law) (2015)
- Universidad Panamericana (J.D.) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.