Arturo Lara-Hernández is a member of the Dispute Resolution practice group in Mexico City. Arturo is a litigation attorney with experience in complex judicial proceedings in civil, commercial and administrative matters. Arturo has participated in cross-border insolvency proceedings before the federal courts as well as national and international arbitrations.
Arturo’s professional practice focuses on dispute resolution. In particular, Arturo has experience representing individuals and national and foreign companies in civil and commercial disputes before judicial courts, such as oral and summary trials, mortgage or pledge enforcement proceedings, precautionary or preventive measures requests, and Amparo trials.
Besides, Arturo has participated in national and international arbitrations administered by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Centro de Arbitraje de México (CAM) and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) in disputes arising from the acquisition and merger of companies and in construction projects in energy matters.
Finally, Arturo has represented creditors in insolvency proceedings and served as assistant to the liquidator and conciliator. Specifically, Arturo has participated in bankruptcy proceedings for international companies specialized in oil exploration and extraction.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents national and foreign companies regarding multimillion-dollar claims for compensation for moral and punitive damages.
- Represents national and foreign banks to recover their client’s non-performing loan portfolios in Mexico.
- Represents national and foreign clients in several judicial proceedings in Mexico.
- Represented multiple national and foreign clients in Amparo trials against acts of authorities that are considered illegal and unconstitutional.
- Advised foreign companies on issues related to Mexican law.
- Represented insurance and energy companies in national and international arbitrations.
- Represented creditors in bankruptcy proceedings for companies that transport and import goods, construct energy projects, and sell products in the retail sector.
- Served as assistant to the liquidator and conciliator in commercial insolvency proceedings of companies in the financial, retail and energy sectors.
- Mexico (2018)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Energy Law Specialization) (2021)
- El Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México (Diploma in Insolvency and its Effects) (2021)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution) (2020)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Law Degree, Academic Excellence) (2018)
- Co-author, “Credits against the Estate in the Commercial Insolvency Proceeding,” IFECOM, 2020
- Contributor, “Mexico Signs the ICSID Convention: A Mechanism to Enforce the Rights of Foreign Investors,” Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, 2018
- Author, “Strategic Litigation for the Solution of Mexico’s Prison Problems,” ITAM, 2018