Yuki's practice focuses on applications for intellection property rights and on intellectual property transfer, registration, protection, licensing and other transactions. She also handles IP disputes, including patent litigation and cases seeking appellate review of rejected trademark applications.
She also assists international IT companies and online businesses and advises clients on issues related to data protection / privacy, telecommunications, advertising law, anti-spam law and e-commerce law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US-based company in patent litigation against a Japanese company.
- Represented a UK-based company in a case seeking appellate review of a rejected trademark application.
- Managed the Japanese trademark portfolios of a major foreign certification authority.
- Advised a Japanese music production company on a music licensing agreement and an online subscription agreement.
- Supported transfers of patent portfolios in connection with corporate mergers, restructuring and dissolution.
- Advised many companies in various industries (including healthcare, IT and consumer goods / retail sales) on trademark law, copyright law and unfair competition prevention law.
- Conducted IP due diligence in M&A transactions targeting Japanese companies and foreign companies.
- Advised multinational companies in various industries (including automotive, pharmaceutical and IT) on global privacy compliance.
- Advised global cloud service providers and SaaS providers on telecommunications law, anti-spam law and e-commerce law.
- Advised global online platformers on intermediary liability.
- Advised an online game provider and global online platformer on data protection, consumer protection, telecommunications, virtual currency and laws and regulations related to gambling and sweepstakes contests.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2014)
- Tokyo University School of Law (J.D.) (2013)
- Keio University (LL.B.) (2011)