Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for various domestic and international clients in relation to consolidating working conditions, performance management, working time management and other employment-related issues.
- Acted for various domestic and international clients in relation to reduction-in-force projects, including implementing voluntary resignation programs, solicitation of resignations and relocation.
- Represented various domestic and international clients in labor disputes and litigation (including ordinary court cases and before labor tribunals).
- Represented and acted for various domestic and international clients in comprehensive internal investigations triggered by allegations of wrongdoing by executives and/or employees.
- Acted for various domestic and international clients in relation to analysis and structuring of executive and employee retention plans, including long-term incentive plans and other compensation.
- Represented various domestic and international clients in due diligence, deal structuring, document drafting, negotiation and PMI in relation to M&A transactions / reorganization projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2012)
- Queen Mary, University of London (LLM) (2018)
- Hitotsubashi University, School of Law (JD) (2011)
- Hitotsubashi University (LLB) (2009)
Co-author, "Executive Incentive Compensation Plans: Legal and Tax Considerations," Zeimu Koho, Chuokeizai-sha, October 2016
Co-author, "Research Report on Officer Compensation Status and Systems in Japan and Overseas," Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry research project, March 2015
Co-author, "Investment in Asia and Compliance Strategies — Three Stage Analysis," Chuokeizaisha, January 2014
Speaker, "Paradigm Shift in the Pharmaceutical Industry and HR/Employment Challenges," Sansuikai Off-site Conference, arranged by Sansuikai, July 19, 2019