Gillis Kempe is a partner and candidate civil-law notary in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Structures group in Amsterdam. He advises on domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions, including the establishment of new corporate structures. Gillis joined the Firm’s Corporate team in London in August and September 2011.
Gillis assists multinationals with implementing and managing cross-border restructuring and reorganization projects, including post-acquisition integration; supply chain restructuring; restructuring arrangements for the development, ownership and exploitation of ip pre-transaction planning prior to an IPO, spin-off or disposal; and corporate clean-up and group simplification projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the coordination and implementation of a restructuring involving 22 countries for a US-based multinational and global leader in pressuresensitive technology and self-adhesive base materials.
- Advised on the coordination and implementation of various restructuring projects for one of the largest media and entertainment conglomerates in the world.
- Advised on various post-acquisition integrations for an agricultural producer of leading seed brands and in-the-seed trait technologies.
- Advised on the coordination and implementation of various restructuring projects for the largest privately-held US corporation with a major business in trading, purchasing and distributing grain and other agricultural commodities.
- Advised on the coordination and implementation of various restructuring projects for a US-based multinational and global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations.
- Advised on the coordination and implementation of a supply chain restructuring involving 22 countries for a US-based manufacturer of cleaning and hygiene products and global provider of commercial cleaning and hygiene solutions.
- Advised on the coordination and implementation of various post-acquisition integration and restructuring projects for one of the world's largest medical device companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2008)
- Granada University
- Tilburg University
- Radboud University of Nijmegen
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.