Dr. Annette Keilmann has 13 years of experience in domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration. She advises on dispute resolution, and regularly supports clients in matters mostly relating to contracts for works and services and commercial lease. She frequently publishes articles on international arbitration as well as on construction disputes and lectures on conducting negotiations at the University of Mannheim. She has been named as stand-out lawyer in the 2018 Acritas Stars report.
Annette advises and represents clients in the field of dispute resolution and general contract law. She mainly focuses on national and international disputes relating to construction, mechanical engineering and commercial lease (with particular focus on plant construction and infrastructure projects). Her advisory activity includes proceedings before German courts as well as arbitration cases.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major global technology company in an ICC arbitration about an infrastructure project (value of matter in dispute estimated at more than EUR 3 billion).
- Acted for two German multinational companies in arbitration proceedings related to the construction of an offshore wind farms.
- Advised a German stock corporation in a litigation case involving rolling bearings.
- Advised a British international company in the energy sector in litigation cases over the termination of a project (including financing issues).
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Litigation
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (2007)
- Referendariat District Court Mannheim (Second State Exam) (2007)
- University of Mannheim (Doctorate) (2005)
- University of Mannheim (First State Exam) (2002)
- Co-author (with Jörg Risse), "Die Gerichtskostenfreiheit für den Bund und die Länder ist verfassungswidrig," Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, Recht und Politik, Jahrgang 56, Heft 4 (2020), 480-497
- Co-author (with Maximilian Sattler), Comments on §§ 420-432 BGB, first English language edition, Beck Verlag, 2020
- Co-author, "The Complete (but Unofficial) Guide to the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot," 1st through 5th edition, 2013-2019
- Greenberg, Simon, in: DRI Book Review (1) - May 2015
- Hayward, Benjamin, in: Deakin Law Review, Vol. 19, No. 2, 2014, p. 379
- Puszkajler, Karl Peter, in: SchiedsVZ 2014, p. 97
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.