Dr. Annette Keilmann has 10 years of experience in domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration. She advises on dispute resolution and real estate law, and regularly supports clients in matters relating to construction and commercial lease. She frequently publishes articles on international arbitration and lectures on conducting negotiations at the University of Mannheim. She has been named as stand-out lawyer in the 2018 Acritas Stars report.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major global technology company in an ICC arbitration about an infrastructure project (value of matter in dispute estimated at more than EUR 3 billion).
- Acted for a German multinational company in arbitration proceedings related to the construction of an offshore wind farm.
- Advised a German stock corporation in a litigation case involving rolling bearings.
- Represented a German based multinational technology company in arbitration proceedings according to the DIS Rules (dispute relating to the construction of a steel platform for an offshore substation).
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (2007)
- Referendariat District Court Mannheim (Second State Exam) (2007)
- University of Mannheim (Doctorate) (2005)
- University of Mannheim (First State Exam) (2002)
PublicationsCo-author, "Einmal entschieden - für immer festgelegt? (Once decided - forever committed?)," Journal for Public and Private Construction Law, Baurecht, 2018
Co-author, "The Complete (but Unofficial) Guide to the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot," 1st through 4th edition, 2013-2017
Co-author, "Das Anordnungsrecht des Bestellers und der Streit um die Vergütung (The Employer’s Right to Order Changes and the Dispute Concerning the Remuneration)," Journal for Construction and Procurement Law, NZBau 2016
Co-author, "Vollstreckungsprobleme bei Schiedsverfahren gegen Joint Ventures (Enforcement Problems in Arbitration Proceedings against Joint Ventures)," German Arbitration Journal, SchiedsVZ 2015
Speaker, "Wohnraummietrecht aus anwaltlicher Sicht (Residential tenancy law from a lawyer's perspective)," Workshop for PRO BONO Mannheim - Studentische Rechtsberatung e. V., April 2018