Diana Juarez Martinez joined the Tax Practice Group of Baker McKenzie’s Mexico City office in 2008. She advises on general tax planning and international taxation.
Ms. Juarez focuses her practice on corporate and personal income tax, VAT, corporate reorganizations, international tax planning, tax treaties and estate planning. She represents software, high technology and e-commerce companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided legal and tax advice to important insurance companies introducing life and investment products in Mexico.
- Provided tax advice to several clients on mergers and acquisitions.
- Designed legal and tax strategies for companies involved in the insurance and private banking industry to cope with PE issues.
- Developed a tax strategy for foreign software companies on income from licensed software.
- Provided tax advice to leading companies on the structure of their sale operations.
- Advised major multinational technology companies on local tax issues.
- Mexico (2008)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Course on Interpretation of Tax Treaties) (2014)
- Duke University and Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico (Diploma - International Taxation) (2014)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (J.D.) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.