Melanie Ho is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Taipei office and a member of the Construction and Power Project practice groups.
Ms. Ho has substantial experience in handling complex energy projects, government procurement projects, construction contracts and dispute related works on major national infrastructure projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing Taiwan High Speed Rail System for claims in arbitration proceeding.
- Acting as the general legal counsel of the contractor in the Taoyuan International Airport Access MRT System Project, in relation to various procurement law issues, system contracts, project contracts and subcontracting issues.
- Representing the electrical and mechanical (E&M) supplier in the Taipei MRT Neihu Line Project, in relation to various contract disputes with the employer.
- Representing the civil contractor in the Taipei MRT Tucheng Line Project, in relation to various contract claims against the employer.
- Representing the contractors in the Taipei Illan Expressway Project, in relation to settlement of various contract disputes with the owner and subcontractors.
- Acting for one of the bidders participating in the Taipei City government’s E&M procurement project and handling the complaint against the owner.
- Acting for one of the bidders participating in the Taichung MRT E&M procurement project and handling the complaint against the owner.
- Acting as the developer's legal counsel on the development of a 1,300 MW coal-fired power plant in Hualien County, Taiwan. Also advising the developer and the operator on power purchase agreement (PPA), engineering procurement construction (EPC), and insurance issues.
- Acting as the developer's legal counsel on the development of a 960 MW gas-fired power plant in Taoyuan County, Taiwan. Also representing the developer to negotiate EPC, operations and maintenance, FSA (LNG supply contract), PPA, loan agreement and other related contracts of the project.
- Representing the developer of a 670 MW gas-fired power plant in Chiayi County, Taiwan in negotiating the EPC, O&M, FSA (LNG supply contract), PPA, loan agreement and other related contracts of the project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- Kaohsiung Bar Association
- Taichung Bar Association
- Kaohsiung~Taiwan (2014)
- Taichung~Taiwan (2000)
- Taipei~Taiwan (1998)
- Northwestern University (LL.M.) (2007)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.