Dawn Ho is a local principal in the Finance & Projects Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow. Prior to joining the Finance & Projects team, Dawn was a disputes lawyer and has experience as a litigator. She was also involved in international arbitration disputes and construction disputes.
Dawn has extensive experience acting for both lenders and borrowers in domestic and cross-border financing transactions. She focuses on syndicated and bilateral bank loans, acquisition finance, real property finance and asset finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the lenders in a USD 950 million term loan and working capital facilities to a major Indonesian coal mining company.
- Acted for the borrower in the term loan facility for its acquisition of the holding company that substantially owns GSH Plaza at Cecil Street.
- Acted for CP All Public Company Limited as Borrower in a USD 6 billion financing facility to fund the acquisition of shares in Siam Makro Public Company Limited.
- Acted for the Singapore based lenders in a USD 130 million financing facility to fund the acquisition of a jack-up rig with gas compression plant to be used in Mexico. This is the first transaction involving Mexico and a Mexican trust structure for the banks.
- Acted for the lenders in a USD 100 million financing facilities for the acquisition of two Starwood hotels in New York.
- Acted for the lenders in the loan facility for the refurbishment of a luxury hotel in Yangon.
- Acted for the lenders in a USD 200 million loan facility for the construction of a five-star luxury hotel and residences in central London.
- Advised the lenders on a AUD 620 million financing to Frasers Logistics & Industrial Trust in relation to its initial public offering on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acted for the lender in relation to a USD 350 million facility to finance the purchase of condensate for the production of light naphtha, middle distillates and aromatics in Indonesia.
- Acted for Jaya Holdings Ltd and two of its key operating subsidiaries in three inter-related and inter-dependent schemes of arrangement with their creditors.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Law Society of Singapore
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2006)
- Singapore (2001)
- National University of Singapore (LL.B. Honours) (2000)