Liliana Hernandez-Salgado is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. Named a Rising Star in The Legal 500 2019 review, she counsels clients on matters related to labor and employment law. Liliana has 12 years' experience in providing domestic and cross-border strategic consulting as well as advice on employment and compensation matters. She has vast knowledge in areas of employment law associated with corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions.
Liliana provides transactional consultation in a broad range of employment matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, due diligence, transfer of employees and post-transaction integration. Moreover, she helps multinational companies set up operations in Mexico, design and draft required and best practice employment documents, and adapt and implement global policies on a local scale. Liliana advises clients on compensation analysis, restrictive covenants, equity-based programs, international assignments, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination trainings, compliance investigations, strategies for complex termination processes, collective dismissals, labor audits, modification and harmonization of labor benefits, workforce management including outsourcing, and collective bargaining and union negotiations, among other services.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational chemical company during the spin-off and sale of one of its business lines, at an announced value of EUR 3 billion.
- Advised a medical devices company on the acquisition of a manufacturing plant in Northern Mexico and the transfer of over 600 employees.
- Advised on the acquisition of a multinational company, involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on the post-acquisition integration of a publicly traded multinational corporation, which represented a large-scale layoff.
- Mexico (2010)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (JD) (2010)
- Yale University (US Legal System Course) (2009)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.