Jayme-Lyn is a special counsel within the Dispute Resolution Group at the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jayme-Lyn was an Electorate Officer for the then Victorian Shadow Minister for Employment, Industrial Relations, Major Projects, Infrastructure, Ports and Freight with responsibility for local communications strategy, stakeholder management and assisting with other parliamentary duties.
Jayme-Lyn's practice focuses on major commercial litigation, where Jayme-Lyn has considerable experience in complex class action and other litigation involving claims for misleading and deceptive conduct, negligence, Corporations Act breaches and concurrent wrong-doing.
Jayme-Lyn also has extensive experience in the conduct of, and the managing of teams involved in, key aspects of major litigation, including technical investigations, discovery and document reviews, complex evidence preparation and Court hearings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for AECOM Australia in its defence of an IPO investor class action and two other Federal Court proceedings involving claims exceeding AUD 2 billion relating to traffic forecasts for the CLEM7 Tunnel in Brisbane.
- Advice in relation to the conduct of a Senate inquiry and the processes and procedures involved in giving evidence to a Senate inquiry.
- Acting for a director in civil penalty proceedings brought by ASIC for breach of directors duties.
- Advices in relation to class action law and procedure, pre-incorporation contracts, contract interpretation (including the scope and application of contractual disclaimers, exclusions and caps on liability, the relevance of "good faith" in contract performance and the due date for performance), civil procedure, directors duties, assignments and novations, apportionment legislation, confidentiality agreements and conflict of laws issues.
- Acting in workers compensation and Dust Diseases claims.
- Selected to attend the Clinton Global Initiative University (2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- New South Wales Young Lawyers - Member
- Volunteer, LEAPS program (student mentoring)
- Domestic Violence education initiative (Northern Settlement Services, Newcastle)
- New South Wales~Australia
- High Court of Australia
- University of Newcastle (BA, LLB (Hons I))